From Travis Vitek <vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: example DIFFs in Windows builds
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:55:11 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

>> Thanks for fixing it, Travis. I can't help but be a little worried
>> about the other "little problem on Windows" that Farid said he'd
>> found in STDCXX-426 and fixed by changing the "r" to "rb" I guess
>> we'll see tomorrow...
>
> Windows is not looking good. With Farid's patch reverted locales
> seem to be processed correctly but all examples and tests are
> failing with an ERROR. Andrew, I'd appreciate if you'd look into
> it ASAP and either fix the problem or revert your patch.
>
> Martin

I just submitted a fix for my fix to Farid's fix to Andrew's enhancement.
Hopefully we'll be able to salvage a few builds after my last mistake.

Farid was right about the line end stuff, but hadn't fixed it consistently.
When processing the examples we diff an output file against the output of
the program. After Farid's patch, we were opening the output file in text
mode, but the program output in binary mode.

Andrew,

As you can probably see, I updated both fopen calls to use binary mode and
made a small fix to a pattern matching string. After thinking about this for
a little while, I relized that the pattern matching fix should not have been
necessary as the tests were working with Farid's fix. Unfortunately, in my
testing, I consistently received OUTPUT failures without that change. Just
something that you should look at.

Travis