From Eric Lemings <eric.lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] stdcxx 4.2.1 release
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:58:46 GMT

There are some link errors in the tests on Solaris, one of which is
the new 22.locale.synopsis test which, I was under the impression was
not to be included in this patch release (along with the other
migrated tests).  Since it is a new test, its not so critical I
think.  I'll file an issue for this.

There are also runtime link errors on Darwin 8 and 9 (i.e. Tiger and
Leopard) due to incompatible library versions.  Example:

         [user@host tests]$ pwd
         /private/tmp/stdcxx/build/tests
         [user@host tests]$ otool -LD ./run
         ./run:
                 /tmp/stdcxx/build/lib/libstd.dylib (compatibility
version 4.0.0, current version 4.2.1)
                 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version
1.0.0, current version 88.3.10)
         [user@host tests]$ otool -LD /tmp/stdcxx/build/lib/libstd.dylib
         /tmp/stdcxx/build/lib/libstd.dylib:
                 /tmp/stdcxx/build/lib/libstd.dylib (compatibility
version 4.0.0, current version 4.2.1)
                 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version
1.0.0, current version 88.3.10)
         [user@host tests]$ ./run
         dyld: Library not loaded: /tmp/stdcxx/build/lib/libstd.dylib
           Referenced from: /private/tmp/stdcxx/build/tests/./run
           Reason: Incompatible library version: run requires version
4.0.0 or later, but libstd.dylib provides version 0.0.0
         Trace/BPT trap

No clue where version 0.0.0 is coming from.  I'll file an issue for
this as well.

Finally, not many open source distributions do this but I find it
really useful when the permissions of all files in the distribution
are set to read-only when unpacked.  This is just polish though.

As for the vote: +1.

Brad.

Sebor