From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject STDCXX-536
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 19:13:07 GMT

FWIW, I was just reading the description for Jira issue STDCXX-536 and
the associated comments.

I believe this is basically what Travis has already stated in a round-
about manner but it seems to me that if a test is timing out, there are
two possibilities: 1. the test is caught in an infinite loop, or 2.)
the test requires too much time to completely execute.  In either case,
the test needs to be rewritten to fix the infinite loop or to break
the test into smaller tests that can completely execute in a reasonably
short amount of time -- a couple of minutes at most on the slowest
supported platforms.

And aren't multithreaded programs (or tests) supposed to perform faster
-- not slower -- than their single-threaded counterparts?  :)

Brad.