From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r631410 - /stdcxx/trunk/include/loc/_money_put.cc
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:59:27 GMT

>From: vitek@apache.org [mailto:vitek@apache.org]
>
>Author: vitek
>Date: Tue Feb 26 14:41:46 2008
>New Revision: 631410

>Log:
>
>2008-02-26  Travis Vitek  <vitek@roguewave.com>
>
>	* include/loc/_money_put.cc: Eliminate uninitialized variable
>	warning.
>

>Modified:
>    stdcxx/trunk/include/loc/_money_put.cc

I just looked at this, and I've apparently made a small boo-boo. Martin,
you originally made a similar change on trunk some time ago.

Just recently, you undid that change to resolve a warning on HP.

So I've just undone your fix for HP in a way that isn't consistent with
what is on the branches/4.2.x. Ugh.

So now the question is, what should we be doing here. We have
conflicting warnings. I'm actually a little surprised that the HP
compiler doesn't warn if the values are left uninitialized. Instead of a
potential null pointer dereference, you would have a potential garbage
pointer dereference, which in some cases may be worse.

Should I just undo my 'fix' on trunk, or should I take a half hour to
try and find a way to placate both compilers?

Travis