From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: JIRA now hooked up to Fisheye]
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 23:04:04 GMT

Is it necessary or useful? Does it do anything to reduce our workload,
add to it, or is it totally transparent to those who don't use it? What
are the administration costs?

My concern is that the stdcxx project is becoming more complex to use
and maintain. I could spend weeks trying to learn how to use all of the
software that we're currently using [subversion, jira, subversion, wiki,
forrest, ...] and I am expected to at least have some knowledge of how
to use it. Every time I sit down to use one of the tools, I end up
spending precious time trying to figure out how to make it do what I
want it to.

I see that it makes it easy to see diffs of files and file history
without having to use the svn client or web browser. I guess this could
be useful to some, but I'm perfectly happy using the existing tools for
this.

Travis

a.plugin.system.project:openissues-panel