From "Scott Zhong" <>
Subject HP-UX link warnings when linking in with -lstd
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:34:38 GMT
Hi All,

I had finally found the source of the link warnings: it is occurring
because in the linker we use relative path in the library lookup "-L
<relative path>" which confuses the linker as to which stdcxx library to
use.  This is because the compiler comes with a version of the stdcxx
library: This might be a compiler bug. I do not know how to
proceed from here, do we do nothing and leave the linker warnings and
submit the bug to HP? do we require absolute pathing to the stdcxx
library? Do we have the user set an environment variable that would
point to the stdcxx library? Any suggestions would help greatly.

View raw message