From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: locale, which are most important to test
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:46:50 GMT
Scott Zhong wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>   I'm in the process of trying to reduce the amount of time spend
> building the locale database and ran into a few questions.  First, which
> locales are more important to test? Are they all equally as important?

No, they're not. We'll need to spend some time to go through the list
below and decide which ones we want to keep testing and which ones we
might want to drop. It might make sense to set up a rotating schedule
so that we don't have to give any up and just test them less often.
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx/trunk/etc/nls/gen_list

> Second, how would you invoke "gmake locales" to build a certain locale
> database for only a select few locales?

I think it's just: make LOCALES="space separated list of locales"

Martin