From "Mark Brown" <mark.g.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: JIRA now hooked up to Fisheye]
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:54:35 GMT
On 2/21/08, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:
> Eric Lemings wrote:
>  >
>  > I was just touring the Crucible tool, an extension to Fisheye.  It
>  > certainly appears more intuitive, easier to navigate, than certain
>  > other code review tools I've seen lately.  :)
>  >
>  > http://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/
>

> I haven't explored Crucible much but from the little I've seen it
>  does look pretty nifty (like all the other tools from Atlassian).
>  I've been meaning to find out if they plan to open it up for Open
>  Source projects like they did with FishEye, and if so, if they
>  could set us up. I know Travis is just itching to get his hands
>  on another new tool ;-)

I haven't extensive experience with code review tools but a
common complaint I've heard from people who have used
code review software for some time is that the discussions
that  normally take place in email can be harder to find when
using the software.

I'm also not sure that a by-invitation-only code review process
is entirely appropriate for an open source project where you
want to involve as many people as you can, not just the select
few that you happen to invite as reviewers.

-- Mark