From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [PING] Re: library and build sizes on Windows
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:15:47 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Andrew Black wrote:
> [snip]
>>> The Batman script is build_stdcxx.bat, located along side the unix
>>> build_stdcxx script.  This script is batch file, which calls into
>>> parse_runlog.wsf script for the purpose of processing the result log for
>>> batman.
>> I suspect we're not going to want to touch that. But before the
>> script invokes parse_runlog.wsf it does this:
>>
>>     echo ### Building solution / Creating HTML log
>>     call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat %SHORT%
>>
>>     echo ### Post-processing for Batman
>>     cscript /nologo parse_runlog.wsf /BUILDTYPE:%SHORT% /CONFIG:%COMPILER%
>>
>> It seems that we'll be interested in making changes to this
>> build\build_%COMPILER%.bat script. Where does it come from?
>
> It's the batch file generated by the configure.bat script.

Oh, so the "script" to migrate from Batman to stdcxx is basically
just these few lines of code:

@echo on
date /T
set
@echo off

echo ### Creating solution

call generate.bat /CONFIG:%COMPILER% /BUILDDIR:%~dp0\build /LOCALES:no

if %errorlevel% neq 0 (
         echo result.file.type=stdcxx-short> %OUTFILE%
         echo state=C>> %OUTFILE%
) else (
     echo ### Building solution / Creating HTML log
     call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat %SHORT%

     echo ### Post-processing for Batman
     cscript /nologo parse_runlog.wsf /BUILDTYPE:%SHORT% /CONFIG:%COMPILER%
)

Minus the invocation of parse_runlog.wsf, and minus the error
branch.

And the date statements that Farid's talking about should go
right after the call to generate.bat and after the call to
call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat.

Travis, could you look into creating this new script and
changing build_stdcxx.bat to invoke it?

Thanks
Martin