From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [PING] Re: library and build sizes on Windows
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:49:21 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [snip]
>>>   But batman script also should to be updated to print the timestamp
>>> of the build at the beginning ("### date:"); the duration of the
>>> solution generating step ("### real time (builddir):") after execution
>>> of the configure.bat and total time at the end after cleanup
>>> ("### real time (total):"). All these actions are performed outside
>>> the build.wsf script.
>> Alright. We need to migrate this script from Batman over to stdcxx
>> so we can enhance it ourselves. In addition to the timing info and
>> the library size I also tried (but couldn't) to determine the name
>> and version of the Windows OS so even the latest test result pages
>> for Windows are incomplete.
>>
>> Andrew, I'm having trouble finding this script. Can you point me
>> in the right direction?
>
> The Batman script is build_stdcxx.bat, located along side the unix
> build_stdcxx script.  This script is batch file, which calls into
> parse_runlog.wsf script for the purpose of processing the result log for
> batman.

I suspect we're not going to want to touch that. But before the
script invokes parse_runlog.wsf it does this:

     echo ### Building solution / Creating HTML log
     call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat %SHORT%

     echo ### Post-processing for Batman
     cscript /nologo parse_runlog.wsf /BUILDTYPE:%SHORT% /CONFIG:%COMPILER%

It seems that we'll be interested in making changes to this
build\build_%COMPILER%.bat script. Where does it come from?

Martin