From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [RFC] stdcxx release process, second draft
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:31:01 GMT

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty good start.  All of the major elements
are
there: goals/objectives, tasks/procedures, definitions/roles, etc.  As
it
evolves though, you'll probably want to break the process definitions
into
two separate documents: one for the development process and one for the
release process.

Also, the versioning policy is currently intwined with the release
process.
They're closely related of course but they should be more easily
distinguished.
Were they separate documents at one time?  Just my personal preference,
but
I like to see each policy statement in a separate document since a
process is
usually defined to enact one or more policies.

I also noticed the Version Policy and Definitions are listed in the
opposite
order in the Index at the top from that given in the content.

Brad.