From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: question on the examples for the source/forward/backward incompatible changes
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:46:43 GMT

  Why with binary compatibility? From the current document:
"Source compatibility also implies functional compatibility, although it
does not necessarily imply binary compatibility."

  In this case if program already compiled this change is binary
compatible, because the
program don't knows about new overload of the existing function. At the
same time this
change is not source compatible because it's changes functionality of
the program,
compiled with the library with new overload function.