From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: [PING] Re: svn commit: r588290 - /incubator/stdcxx/branches/4.2.x/etc/config/windows/projectdef.js
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:07:19 GMT

  Not linker, but librarian (lib.exe). And what do you mean by "wrong
directory"?

  The absolute .pdb file path stored in each .obj file (and the .lib
file in static builds
is the archive of the .obj files), so .pdb file will be found by linker
if you don't move it.
But if you copied the .lib file from the %BUILDDIR%/lib directory to
another computer
and build some project, which is uses that library, you need also copy
the
corresponding vcx0.pdb file from the %BUILDDIR%/src directory. This is
for 4.2.0.

  In 4.2.x you still need copy the corresponding .pdb file, but in this
case from the
directory where the .lib file is located and the name of the .pdb file
coincide with
the name of .lib file.

> > If they really use a "debug" build, that's a different
> story, you want
> > those to use /O- no-optimization flags so that single
> stepping is not
> > half as confusing ;-)
>
> I'm pretty sure we do that, right Farid?

  Yes.

Farid.