From Travis Vitek <vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] stdcxx release process, second draft
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:26:13 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

> I've incorporated everyone's feedback and committed an updated
> version with a number of enhancements of my own. Among the most
> important are the new Goals section with suggested frequencies of
> releases, and the integration of the Version Policy (I plan to delete
> versions.html). Let me know what you think.
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/releases.html

Martin,

I found this page that documents a few do's and dont's of binary
compatibility. I realize that most of the tricky issues involve inline
functions or templates, but this gives a list of the common pitfalls.

http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++#The_Do.27s_and_Don.27ts

Travis