From Travis Vitek <vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel C++ 9.1/Win XP build timeouts
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:23:06 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

> Farid Zaripov wrote:
>>
>>   Maybe the BATMAN could do this before executing the batch file?
>
> Sounds like that would be the right place to make the change. Let
> me see if we can get it implemented on the Batman side of things,
> or in the build script.
>
> Travis, do you have enough experience with the Windows Scripting
> Host to modify the stdcxx build script that Batman invokes to do
> this?
>
> Martin

No, I don't have mush experience with WSH. I don't even know the name of the
script that Batman invokes for building stdcxx. I'm sure I could figure it
out though.

Unfortunately I'd prefer if we could find a solution outside of Batman.
Occasionally, I want to stop a build that I'm running locally. CTRL+C will
get my command prompt back, but it often leaves some of the other processes
running, or stuck in a bad state [devenv.exe, cscript.exe, exec.exe, ...].

Travis