From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: Build tag really optional?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:37:05 GMT

Eric Lemings wrote:

>On line 570, the README file in RC6 says the following:
>
>"                  The <build-types>  argument  is optional.  When  not
>                  specified a build type of 11s is assumed."
>
>I tried that but it doesn't appear to build anything.

Just FYI, this quote is from the 'VisualStudio Setup Instructions'
section. Yes, you are correct, if you don't specify the option, you
don't get a build.

It should be a pretty simple fix. I'll file a bug and add a quick patch
to use a default value of 11s as advertised.

>Also, the Makefiles on Unix-like platorms supported a
>BUILDMODE notation (e.g. BUILDMODE=debug,pthreads,shared)
>in addition to the coded build tags (e.g. 11s, 15d, etc.).
>Do the Windows build scripts also support a build mode
>notation or something similar?

No. It appears that the generated build batch file [ex.
build-msvc-8.0.bat] only supports the /BUILDTYPE option with parameters
8[s,d], 11[s,d], 12[s,d] or 15[s,d].

Travis