From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r588290 - /incubator/stdcxx/branches/4.2.x/etc/config/windows/projectdef.js
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:57:11 GMT

  I don't completely understand which one unstable results could be?

  Before the patch:
1. in static builds the source pdb was generated in IntDir with
   the name vc71.pdb for MSVC 7.1 (or vc80.pdb for MSVC 8.0); the
   binary pdb doesn't exist since the static library is produced
   by lib.exe, but not by link.exe.
2. in dynamic builds the source pdb was generated in IntDir with
   the name vc71.pdb for MSVC 7.1 (or vc80.pdb for MSVC 8.0); the
   binary pdb was generated in OutDir with the name libstdxx.pdb.

  After the patch:
1. in static builds the source pdb is generating in OutDir with
   the name libstdxx.pdb; the binary pdb doesn't exist since the
   static library is produced by lib.exe, but not by link.exe.
2. in dynamic builds the source pdb and the binary pdb both
   generating in OutDir using the single file with the name
libstdxx.pdb.

  I suppose you mean that the information from the source pdb in
the dynamic builds will be unuseful for the library users because they
are use the binary .dll file, but not the .obj files. And adding this
information to the binary pdb just increase the pdb file without any
benefits. Right?

  So you propose to revert the patch only for dynamic builds?

Farid.