From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: Use of /Fd option on Windows
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:50:48 GMT

  Done: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=588290&view=rev

> and have the /Fd option specify the path to it as a relative path?
  I think that specifying the relative path wouldn't change anything
since
that the .obj files contains the full pdb path (and .lib file is just
set of the
.obj files).

> Having a default, absolute
> path for the pdb is not working for us and for everybody who
> chooses to move the library directory around.

  I've tried the MSVC 7.1 and MSVC 8 and found that if the .pdb file
located
in the directory with corresponding .lib file (even if they are moved
from the
original directory) the debug information was found (I haven't got the
linker
warnings about inaccessible debug information).

Farid.