From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release stdcxx 4.2.0 (candidate 7)
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:09:09 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Liviu Nicoara wrote:
>>> +1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Just for the record, what particular platform (compiler/OS) and
>> configuration did you test the tarball on?
>
> Slack 10.1, gcc 4.2.0, 11s. I've got:
>
> PROGRAM SUMMARY:
>   Programs:                187
>   Non-zero exit status:      0
>   Signalled:                10
>   Compiler warnings:         0
>   Linker warnings:           0
>   Runtime warnings:         68
>   Assertions:           11525052
>   Failed assertions:      5229

Thanks. I'm guessing this is the summary for the tests (our nightly
builds show 360 tests but that includes 173 tests that haven't been
moved out of the Rogue Wave Perforce repository and into Apache
Subversion).

The closest we have to gcc 4.2.0 (on Slackware) is probably gcc
4.1.0 (on SuSE 10.0). The test summary for an 11s build is below
(see the full log here: http://tinyurl.com/2yk5z3). There are 12
tests that fail with a signal (9 with ARBRT, 2 with HUP, and 1
with SEGV). As I just said to Brad, we're comfortable with these
results for 4.2.0 (although we should try to reduce the number of
signaled tests in the future).

PROGRAM SUMMARY:
   Programs:                360
   Non-zero exit status:      1