From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: __rw_once warnings in non-reentrant Windows builds?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:41:48 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
> [snip]
>>> CRT's, so the 11s builds are compiled with the same options as the 15s
>>> (11d == 15d, 8s|d == 12s|d).
>> Ugh. That means we've been doing a whole bunch of redundant builds
>> on Windows.
>
> I think it would be more accurate to say that some of the builds have
> been mislabeled and perhaps slightly misconfigured.  Those builds would
> be the 8s and 11s builds with the Intel compiler.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that we haven't been
doing duplicate builds with MSVC? I see a few 11s builds but no
11d's, and a number of 8s but no 12s. I've always thought the
choice of builds was essentially arbitrary and that some types
were simply not being exercised but it's beginning to look like
there's actually some deeper logic to the schedule.

I just now noticed that Farid said "11d == 15d, 8s|d == 12s|d"
i.e., that he left out "11s == 15s." Farid, was that deliberate
or did you just forget? (I.e., given that 11d is the same as 15d
is 11s not the same as 15s?)

I'm afraid I'm becoming more and more confused by all this...

Martin