From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: __rw_once warnings in non-reentrant Windows builds?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:09:47 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

I assume you meant MSVC 8 and 9.

> CRT's, so the 11s builds are compiled with the same options as the 15s
> (11d == 15d, 8s|d == 12s|d).

Ugh. That means we've been doing a whole bunch of redundant builds
on Windows.

>   We could safely #undefine _RWSTD_REENTRANT macro for
> out single-threaded builds.

I think we *should* do that. The Visual Studio CRT can always be
thread safe but if we give our users the choice between reentrant
builds of stdcxx and non-reentrant ones and they pick the latter
we need to honor it.

For 4.2.0, I think we just need to go with what we have now but
we should make this work right in 4.2.1.

Martin