From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] stdcxx acknowledgments
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:33:05 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> One thought that I have looking over the proposed patch is that it
> doesn't include the names of people who have contribute code to the
> release, but who aren't comitters.  Scott Zhong and Travis Vitek both
> have changes attributed to them, but neither name appears in the list.
> I suspect there are others, but it would require a search through the
> change logs to locate the changes in question.

True. I think the question we would need to ask ourselves is: where
do we draw the line? More specifically, what are the minimum criteria
for a person to meet to be acknowledged.

If we were to decide to acknowledge everyone who ever contributed any
code (which, presumably, ended up getting committed), we could simply
search our ChangeLogs for the unique names of patch authors.

I still think the safest way to proceed is to rename the page to
history.html and keep the names that are already on it (or some
subset thereof, whatever we decide) under the section describing
the Rogue Wave ancestry of stdcxx.

Martin