From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] stdcxx acknowledgments
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:01:19 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> In the patch attached to the issue Marc proposes to replace
> the names of the original Rogue Wave "contributors" to the
> project (which included support engineers as well management)
> with those of stdcxx committers (including Emeriti). I'd like
> to request people's opinion on this change. I personally am
> not entirely comfortable dropping all the contributors that
> predate stdcxx, although perhaps it may not be inappropriate
> (sorry for the double negative) to pare it down to people who
> contributed significant code and/or documentation changes).

I should also add that, at the same time, I'm not sure it would
be completely fair to acknowledge stdcxx committers who have
never committed any code, created issues, or participated on
the lists.

Also, looking at Marc's patch more closely, I don't see either
of our Mentors listed.

It occurs to me that we might be able to preempt a potentially
contentious discussion by replacing the stdcxx Acknowledgment
page with one describing the pre-stdcxx history of the project
where we could retain any or all the names from the current
acknowledgment page without having to tackle the delicate issue
of who from the stdcxx community deserves to be mentioned.

Opinions please? Note that this issue needs to be resolved for
4.2.0.

Martin