From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject Re: do we still need rwstderr.rc?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:48:25 GMT
> Now that we have our own gencat utility do we still need rwstderr.rc?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/src/rwstderr.rc

  I have not received this message by e-mail, but have seen it at
www.mail-archive.com.

  The gencat utility on windows uses .rc file format, anf .msg file
format on unix.
I agree that if gencat would accept .msg files instead of .rc files it
would be great
improvement. But then we need to decide how to deal with possible
multiple sets
in .msg file. The .rc file doesn't have the sets. We can encode set
number and
message number to ID in .rc file (0 <= ID <= 0xffff):

ID = set * 0x100 + msg        - 256 sets by 256 messages per set, or
ID = set * 0x1000 + msg      - 16 sets by 4096 messages per set

  BTW, I see that currently rwstderr.rc file is not used in build
process.

Farid.