From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r574015 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/windows/projectdef.js
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:41:27 GMT

  No. The Interlocked functions will be intrinsic in all builds, because
of
presence of the #pragma intrinsic (Interlockedxxx) in _mutex.h

  The purpose of this patch is enable using of some CRT functions
(memcmp, memcpy, memset, ...) as intrinsic in release builds.
The full list of intrinsic CRT functions here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzkfha43(VS.80).aspx

  But now I can say, that this patch is useless. The projects in
release builds are compiled with /O1 optimization, which not includes
/Oi option. And setting of the EnableIntrinsicFunctions property to true
doesn't leads to compiling with /Oi option unless /O1 or /O2 options
are not specified. So we should append /Oi to the command line manually
(using AdditionalOptions property) to enable using of CRT functions
as intrinsic (or use /O2 optimization, because /O2 implies /Oi).

Farid.