From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574618 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk: README configure.bat generate.bat
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:36:59 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
[snip]

>   Because of that the filebuf example always fail with DIFF status on my
> workstation
> (the manual/out/filebuf.out is a symbolic link to manual/filebuf.cpp,
> but on windows
> the content of this file is just single line: "link ../filebuf.cpp").
>
>   I surprized how this example runs with status 0 in nightly builds.
>
> Farid.

Greetings Farid.

The reason the filebuf test succeeds in nightly testing is an artifact
of the build process.  The sources are synced down on a linux system,
and then compressed using the jar utility.  This compressed archive is
then expanded by the nightly testing system when a build is performed.
Somewhere during this process, the symlink (on unix) is turned into a
real file, containing the expected input.

--Andrew Black