From "Eric Lemings" <lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [RFC] draft stdcxx resolution for the Board
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:45:18 GMT

Too clever I guess, some may say obfuscated.  :-P

> I'm not sure if we can easily change this or even that we should
> try. What would happen to Jira or mailing lists? I suppose lists
> could have aliases, but it might be additional work for the infra
> team.
>
> But if you're serious about it go ahead and make a formal proposal
> to change it. Far be if for me to discourage you but I expect you
> will need to have a really compelling rationale to convince
> everyone, especially the rest of the Incubator, that it's a good
> idea.

Good idea?  Not sure.  Better acronym?  I think so.

Hypothetical scenario: another acronym is proposed, be it "ASL" or
whatever, and it is well received.  Unanimously in fact.

Would all this required work still be worth the change?  If the answer
is yes, then it's a good idea.

I just have the feeling that people will associate "STDCXX" more with
Rogue Wave Software rather than the Apache Foundation.  So in that
respect, ANY new acronym will be a better choice.

EBL.