From Andrew Black <>
Subject Re: Micro integration from trunk to branches/4.2.0
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:51:35 GMT
Looking at JIRA, it appears the files that will need to be branched for
these changes are

In addition, we'll need to resolve a breakage that occurred as a result
of the micro-integration.  The following is a failure taken from nightly
testing of the 4.2.0 branch (gcc 3.2.3 12S on redhat 3u8):
> gcc -c -I$(TOPDIR)/include/ansi   -pthread -I$(TOPDIR)/include -I$(BUILDDIR)/include
 -pedantic -nostdinc++ -O2  -W -Wall -Wcast-qual -Winline -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
-Wcast-align  -fPIC  $(TOPDIR)/src/collate.cpp
> In file included from $(TOPDIR)/src/collate.cpp:43:
> $(TOPDIR)/include/limits:534: `
>    _RWSTD_WCHAR_T_MIN' was not declared in this scope

I should have run a basic sanity check run before checking in the
integration, but I didn't.

--Andrew Black

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Speaking of other changes that might need to be integrated
> before we tag the branch, here are a couple more:
> Martin
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Andrew, we should be using the -rcN tag rather than the branch
>> directly. The latest tag is 4.2.0-rc-2. Unless there are other
>> changes that you need to integrate we should tag the 4.2.0
>> branch again and make a 4.2.0-rc-3.
>> Martin
>> Andrew Black wrote:
>>> Greetings all.
>>> A couple months ago, a 4.2.0 pre-release branch was created in
>>> subversion.  This branch allows for interested parties to preview the
>>> upcoming release, with the understanding that the code isn't final.
>>> Within RogueWave, we recently stated using this branch as part of our
>>> nightly testing process for the rest of our SourcePro family of
>>> products.  However, the 4.2.0 branch, at this time, contains a serious
>>> bug in the code reported as
>>> , and resolved in
>>> .  This bug leads to an
>>> infinite loop while attempting to run the LIMITS.cpp config test.
>>> The nightly testing system for SourcePro is shared with STDCXX, and
>>> hangs during the nightly testing process for SourcePro affect STDCXX by
>>> preventing STDCXX builds from running.  Therefore, unless any objections
>>> are voiced, it is my intent to branch LIMITS.cpp from trunk to the 4.2.0
>>> branch in the next day or so.
>>> --Andrew Black

View raw message