From Liviu Nicoara <nico...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Apache "look and feel" for stdcxx docs
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:52:58 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Marc Betz has been working on the improvements to the stdcxx
> documentation outlined in STDCXX-391. Most of them are pretty
> straightforward and can, IMO, be implemented without much
> debate (although feedback is always appreciated :) but there
> is one that I think we need input on from a wider audience:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-506
>
> I expanded the .zip file containing a mock-up of Marc's proposed
> changes and put it up on my home page:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx-506/
>
> We're looking for feedback on the changes, positive or negative,
> as well as suggestions for additional improvements.

I hope this is the kind of feed-back you are looking for.

 From a functional, informative point of view, both the banner and the
docs themselves are ok.

But from an artistic, look-and-feel, etc., pov they look... well, not so
good. The banner may be expressing the Apache membership alright but the
artistic impression is poor. The docs themselves, with the old-fashioned
three frames view and the ugly little blue buttons give me a strong
sense of deja-vu, ca. 1996.

I don't have any suggestions for improvement, but all the other pages in
the list I have looked at looked _much_ better, banners included.

HTH,
Liviu