From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r559890 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/src/thread.cpp
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:21:58 GMT

  The _beginthreadex() allocates and initializes the thread local
data before invoking the user thread function, and frees that data
after return from user thread function.

>From MSDN:
A thread in an executable that calls the C run-time library (CRT)
should use the _beginthread and _endthread functions for thread
management rather than CreateThread and ExitThread; this requires
the use of the multi-threaded version of the CRT.

Farid.