From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX progress to graduation
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:22:35 GMT
On Jun 23, 2007, at 10:06 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>> I also believe/hope the status file might need an update or
>> perhaps two:
>>   In progress
>>        Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have
>>          been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
>> I'd hope that was finished a while ago :-)
>
> It got started but we never did go through all the files to check
> that we didn't miss any (which we of course did).

:-(

> I just finished
> a sweep through our sources and updated those that still needed
> it. The record of the changes is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-457

So, does this mean that there's files in any of the tarballs listed at

   http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/download.html

that have an incorrect license header?

If so, you should be thinking about what to do with those releases --
like do a branch where you fix the headers and release new 4.1.2.2,
4.1.3.2 versions to replace them, or simply pull the 4.1.x releases
and get 4.2 out quickly, or decide there really can't possibly be any
problems for the users but add a warning to be safe, or successfully
argue there's nothing that needs to be done, or whatever.

I think you're blessed with mentors that can offer some very
expertish insights into how to deal with things like this :-)

cheers,

Leo