From Liviu Nicoara <nico...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel Thread Checker Support
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 18:09:43 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:

>>> There is a problem in locale (as usual, sigh :( A couple of our
>>> thread safety tests have been crashing: 22_mt and 22_time_put_mt.
>
> I see they are not ported to the new infrastructure yet. Are they
> failing in dev or latest release? One [looong] run of 22_mt yielded no
> failures.

FWIW, the run of the 4.1.4-rel branch of locale/mt.cpp (in a 15s build
on Linux Slackware 10.2 on x86, with Intel 9.1.042) has yielded the
analysis in the attached file. I have chosen the text format and a width
of 140 columns for readability. Please notice that the run has not
failed any [test] assertions.

I am not sure what to make about the errors flagged by the ITC tool
because I am not sufficiently familiar with the locale code. A quick
glance over the places in the analysis report shows unguarded rw
accesses  to certain memory locations (used to store facets?). I am not
sure though whether this access is intentionally unguarded or not.

Martin, could you please take a look at it and give us your opinion?

Thanks,
Liviu