From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject status of Windows builds
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 02:13:12 GMT
I've been comparing our gcc test results on Windows with those
for MSVC. With the exception of locales where the gcc results
are worse the results with both MSVC and Intel C++ seem to be
worse than those with gcc, and in general worse than those on
other current platforms, including gcc on Linux, Sun C++ on
Solaris, and XLC++ on AIX.

Farid, since you have more expertise with the Windows compilers
than anyone else, can you look into the failures and see which
ones can be cleaned up? If there are bugs (either in the library
including the test suite or the examples, or in the compiler or
OS), it would be helpful to file issues for every one of them
and keep track of the details and our progress there.

Our goal should be to bring the Windows test results, especially
those with MSVC, into alignment with those of the other platforms.

Thanks!
Martin