From "Patrick Happel" <phap...@quovadx.com>
Subject Portability of built Standard Library
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:51:15 GMT
Hi all,
  I had a question come up that I wasn't sure about regarding the
released versions of the library, and I'm hoping someone can answer it:
Since the Standard Library doesn't build if an acceptable locale isn't
installed, can a built version of the library (ie a .lib, .dll, or .a
file) be used on a machine with different locales than the machine it
was built on?  I'd also like to verify that the newest version of the
library does not require any locales to be installed in order to build.

Thanks,
 -Patrick Happel

Rogue Wave Software,
A QUOVADX(tm) division