From Mark Brown <mbr...@inbox.com>
Subject Cygwin 12d build issues
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 05:52:45 GMT
Hi all,

Just for kicks I'm trying to build a 12d version of the library on Cygwin. Things looks like
they're going okay except for a couple of errors that open up a message box on the screen
telling me that a test had a problem. The build stops at this point and waits for me to click
on a button before moving on to the next test. I don't remember the first but the second one
is for LIBC_EXCEPTIONS.exe. Is this normal?

I also see lots of messages like these:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mbrown/stdcxx-12d/lib'
generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/atomic.s
generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/wctype.cpp
/home/mbrown/stdcxx/src/wctype.cpp:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position
independent)

I'm guessing Cygwin might need the same conditional as the one for AIX in gcc.config:

# IBM AIX code is always position independent
ifneq ($(OSNAME),AIX)
PICFLAGS        = -fPIC
endif

-- Mark