From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: std::getline() declaration header
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:52:37 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]
>>> std::getline (basic_istream&, basic_string&, delim) and
>>> operator>> (basic_istream&, basic_string&) are declared in <istream>
>>> header file, but according to "21.2 Header <string> synopsis" they
>>> should be declared in <string> header file.
>> Is this detectable? I.e., do you have a test case or is it
>> something you found by inspection of the code?
>
>   I've found it during compiling the boost on cygwin.
>
>   I've created the issue (the test case inside):
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-375

I don't think the test case is valid. It expects std::istream
to be a complete type but it only #includes <iosfwd> and not
<istream>. <iosfwd> only declares the type (which need not
make it complete). Let me know if you disagree or if you
have a test case that detects it w/o relying on istream
being a complete type.

Martin