From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: regression test suite naming convention
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:56:30 GMT
If we constrain ourselves to the proposed options, my vote is for Option
2.  The reason for this vote is because it allows us to more easily
determine what regression tests need to be run for a particular change.

If we don't constrain ourselves to the proposed options, I wish to put
forward an additional option.

Option 3:
    Put all regression tests in tests/regress/, using the following
    naming convention:
    tests/regress/<section-number>.stdcxx-<issue-number>.cpp

This option would allow us to quickly locate all regression tests, and
identify which section each regression test applies to without
consulting Jira.

--Andrew Black