From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: --compat mode behavior issues
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:03:49 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Andrew Black wrote:
[...]
>> A final method would be to alter the rwtest library to treat the file
>> name of '-' when passed to the -O option as stdout, and make a similar
>> change to the RogueWave internal framework, then run the executables
>> with the options '--compat -O -'.  This would likely be less invasive
>> than the other option, and could be considered a useful enhancement.
>
> This approach seems like the right way to go. I just changed
> the Rogue Wave driver to recognize a single '-' as a shortcut
> for stdout so you can do your thing in the stdcxx driver to
> get it all working together.
>
> Martin

Greetings all.

Attached is a patch that implements the rwtest and makefile changes for
this option.  One problem observed is that the 22.locale.time.get,
22.locale.time.put, and 27.objects now report a FORMAT status.  The
cause of these messages is output after the assertion count has been
printed.  The compatibility mode parsing logic searches for the summary
total in a different way than the normal mode, and is therefore affected
by this output where the normal mode isn't.

--Andrew Black

Changelog:
	* tests/src/driver.cpp (_rw_setopt_output_file): Add logic to treat the
magic file name of '-' as a reference to stdout.
	* etc/config/GNUmakefile.tst (RUNFLAGS): Specify compatibility mode
flags to enable parsing of legacy tests.
	* util/output.cpp (check_compat_test): Adjust seek position to avoid
false format errors when an executable contains a very small number of
tests.