From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject JIRA issues: resolve or close or resolve then close ?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:12:44 GMT
  Usually I used 'resolve' action.

  I thought that 'resolve issue' means 'do something to fix the issue and
then close'
and 'close issue' means 'do nothing and just close', but today I've looked
into JIRA
workflow
(http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.7.2/default_workflow.html
<BLOCKED::http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.7.2/default_workflo
w.html> )
and seen that 'closed' state is the final state of the issue.

  Shall I close all issues which are resolved by me?

  Do we have any rule on that matter?

  Hmm, I was wrong: the 'closed' state is not final (it's just lowest at the
state diagram)
because an issue always can be reopened...

Farid.