From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Nightly testing failures on AIX 5.3
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:12:16 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> Attached is a different solution to (and Changelog for) the core issue
> observed, that of the incorrect RPATH value for the test suite on AIX
> 5.3.  Rather than defining directory specific LDFLAGS variables, this
> patch defines a new variable (RPATH), and appends it to the LDFLAGS
> variable in each directory's makefile, along with the relevant directory
> path.

The patch looks pretty good to me. I would only request that
you add a comment above each definition of the RPATH variable
explaining its purpose. In addition, I think we should change
the absolute pathnames to relative ones so that the executables
can be moved without breaking things. I'm working on an install
target to install the library and the locale utilities (among
other things) in a location specified by the user and it's
important that the executables be movable there (or to any
other directory tree that conforms to the expected structure)
w/o needing to be relinked.

Thanks
Martin