From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r472469 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/rw_process.h self/0.process.cpp src/process.cpp
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:04:45 GMT
faridz@apache.org wrote:
> Author: faridz
> Date: Wed Nov  8 04:27:17 2006
> New Revision: 472469

> --- incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/src/process.cpp (original)
> +++ incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/src/process.cpp Wed Nov  8 04:27:17 2006
[...]
> +#  include <time.h>       // for nanosleep()

This change is causing link failures Solaris builds.
See for example (search for nanosleep):
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/solaris-10-sparcv9-sunpro-64b-5.8-11s-log.gz.txt

On Solaris, the function is defined in the realtime
library, librt.so, which we don't link with:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5171/6mbb6dcoe?a=view#indexterm-87

Please note that nanosleep() is an optional (REALTIME)
feature of POSIX that's not required to be provided by
conforming implementations, so we can't assume it will
be available everywhere:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/nanosleep.html

Martin