From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Generation of the solution and projects for MSVC/ICC
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:15:31 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:

> I agree. I also don't like the IDE hiding the command line. I like
> seeing the exact command line for each source file just as it would
> be issued by make, even if it's the same as for all the other sources.

Note that .dsp exports into .mak format allow you to do just that, if
you would rather build from command line, while at the same time building
within the gui if that's your preference.

They broke exporting .mak files with the introduction of sln/vcproj format
files, but you gain the ability to parallel compile in modern dev studio
versions, it does log the commands invoked, and can be launched from the
command line without the gui.