From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Infinity loop in locale utility
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:54:34 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
> [snip]
>

>> Hmm, that sure looks like a bug. It would be nice to have a test
>> case although I wonder if the input required to trigger the endless
>> loop might need to be invalid?
>>
>> Could you please open an issue in Jira for this?
>>
>> Martin
>

> If you want a test case on Solaris, I suspect any of the @euro or UTF-8
> locales will show this, among others.  These locales are terminating
> with a return code of 143 in automated testing, likely due to being
> killed by the exec utility.

I tried en_IE@euro with both ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 and they both
completed so that's not it. The case statement does appear to
handle tok_end (i.e., the END keyword) correctly, and the only
way I can imagine the function reaching the EOF (i.e.,
tok_end_tokens) before it is if the input file were incomplete.

And in fact, this does show the problem:

$    echo "LC_COLLATE" > collate.src \
   && echo > empty.cm \
   && ../bin/localedef -c -w -f empty.cm -i collate.src collate.empty

Martin