From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: run_locale_utils.sh
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:59:03 GMT
I am also unclear as to what this test is supposed to accomplish.

The -z test returns true if the string is an empty string.  The string
will be empty if $it doesn't contain the string literal '.cm'.

When I run the (system) locale utility on my (Linux) machine, I receive
output similar in nature to what you observed.  However, when I run the
stdcxx locale utility, I receive blank (no) output.  This likely is
because there are no files in the nls subdirectory of my build directory
at this time. I have a total of 46 assertions, compared to your 49.  I
suspect the difference in assertion counts is related to the contents of
the this directory.  I wonder if the output you listed is from the
system locale utility rather than the stdcxx locale utility.  (Try
'which locale' to check if you are invoking the one you wanted to.  You
may need to invoke the utility as './locale', depending on your $PATH
variable.)

--Andrew Black