From Farid Zaripov <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: string methods thread safety
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:50:37 GMT

[...]
 > This last part would be best implemented in the test driver
 > under some generic interface similar to rw_thread_create()
 > (e.g., rw_process_create()).

   Martin, I implemented the functions rw_process_create() and
rw_process_join():

--------------------------------------
typedef long rw_pid_t;

// returns pid of the created process
// returns -1 if failed
// note: argv[0] should be equal to path
_TEST_EXPORT rw_pid_t
rw_process_create (const char* path, char* const argv []);

// returns pid of the specified process
// returns -1 if failed
// result is a pointer to a buffer where the result code
// of the specified process will be stored, or NULL
_TEST_EXPORT rw_pid_t
rw_process_join (rw_pid_t pid, int* result);

   The diff files is attached. What do you think about this?

Farid.