From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: 23.list.iterators test with environment
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:01:33 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
[...]
>>   3. ListTestCase was expanded from the StringTestCase structure by
>> adding additional members (functors Predicate, BinaryPredicate,
>> Compare) for the methods remove_if, unique, merge, sort. I think it
>> should be enough to define these members as a pointer to a function to
>> leave ListTestCase non-template.
>

> I agree with not parameterizing the base class but I suspect that
> simple function pointers aren't going to do it. The predicate
> functions need to take the actual objects as arguments, not just
> chars. In addition, storing three pointers when only one per test
> case (or maybe one per test?) is needed seems wasteful. Would
> something like the rough sketch below work?

Actually, I think we should be able to do something even simpler
than that. Assuming there will only be a small set of predicates
(say four) we will want to use in these tests, we can simply add
a integer data member to the ContainerTestCase struct to allow
us to pick the one to be used with each test case.

Martin