From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414916 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/include/alg_test.h
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:39:55 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, I've noted that this commitment brokes several algorithms test
> (on MSVC).
> They used make_iter in the following way:
>
> const Iterator first = make_iter (xsrc, xsrc, xsrc + nsrc, dummy_it);
>
> And this results in the error:
>
> error C2666: 'make_iter' : 2 overloads have similar conversions
[...]
> I suggest to update the tests to use the following:
>
> const Iterator first (xsrc, xsrc, xsrc + nsrc);
>
> The diffs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx07062006/
>
> What do you think about this?

Those are good changes. There's no reason to use the make_iter
helper in these tests since we're only using the test iterators
and they can all be constructed the same way. The helpers are
there to let us use both the test iterators as well as other
kinds (such as pointers, etc.)

That said, if you suspect an MSVC bug it would be nice to put
together a small test case for the record and report it to
Microsoft: http://connect.microsoft.com.

Martin