From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416537 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/src/char.cpp
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:08:09 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Anton Pevtsov wrote:
>
>> Martin, I have a question about the change in char.cpp. It results in
>> the following:
>>
>> 1) The strings beginning with '\0' and requiring expand will not be
>> expanded.
>

> You mean something like "\0@3" or "\0a@3"?
>
>> 2) The strings with '\0' at the end will be expanded incorrectly
>> (without last symbol).
>>
>> Is this expected?
>

> No, it's not. The test for the function seems to be exercising
> these cases and none of them fails. Can you show me an example
> where the function behaves unexpectedly?

FYI, I committed the change below to the 0.char.cpp test. It fixes
a bug in a call to memcmp() when testing the wchar_t overload of
rw_expand() and adds a few more test cases for the function. But
even with these changes I still don't see the problem you were
describing (or I'm not understanding you correctly).

Martin