From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: release configurations (8d, 8s, 12d, 12s) fail to compile on Windows, MSVC 7.1
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:21:33 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
> [...]
>
>>> Ditto for Intel C++.
>>

> I built using the Intel 9.1 compiler and got several warnings - the
> build log (config, library, test driver and one test for example) is
> attached.
> I am not sure that all these warnings occurred as a result of your fix,
> but dllimport/export warnings looks like them.
> What do you think about this?

I think we discussed these. Warning #1740 looks like a compiler
bug, either in Intel for issuing them or in MSVC for not. I'll
need to look at them more carefully to tell for sure.

Warning #279 is annoying and has been removed from a later version
of the EDG front end used by the Intel compiler. We should still
silence it though, perhaps using a #pragma.

Warning #579 is probably due to a misconfiguration. I assume
our config test fails to detect that nothrow specification on
libc functions is incompatible with their declarations in system
headers.

Martin