From Anton Pevtsov <ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r405254 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 16:06:38 GMT
I still have no access to the repository, so I was unable to commit the
changes to char.cpp.
The attached file contains merged differences.

The replace test now works, except stdcxx170, so I've started updating
the rest of the tests and updated all except the find methods tests.
They are here (the attached char.cpp.diff is here too):
http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx05112006/

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 02:08
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r405254 -
/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp

Anton Pevtsov wrote:

>> Martin Sebor wrote:

[...]

>> Unfortunately, with your changes the replace test just fails on
>> Windows.
>>
>> The attached diff files contains my attempt to fix the problem.

Thanks! Please go ahead and commit it.

[...]

>> But on Windows I still have problems with the end of a string
>> (somewhere
>> in the test driver): it looks like there is no '\0' symbol there, but

it

>> is expected.
>> I saw the same problem with empty strings for other tests, so I'll
>> investigate it.
>>
>> It would be great if you take a look on the replace test on Windows.
>> What do you think about this?

I'm not sure I see the problem you're referring to but I did fix an
issue in char.cpp that caused the MSVC libc to abort. SVN is down at the
moment and I can't commit the fix so I attach the patch (I'll continue
to try to commit but if it doesn't come back by the end of the day you
can at least apply the patch to your local tree to see if it helps).

>> I'll update the rest of the tests immediately after the fix of these
>> problems, ok?

Okay.

Martin